Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Really these are more like a dessert than a waffle, top these with whippped cream and fresh berries for a fantastic weekend brunch, your family will rave! The batter can be cooked in a standard or Belgian waffle maker, servings is only estimated, because each waffle maker cooks at a different time, the cooking time for this recipe is not stated. Add in some cinnamon also :)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for a less-sweeter waffle reduce sugar to 1/2-cup)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 teaspoons maple extract or 3 teaspoons use vanilla extract
- In a large bowl combine flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Place the chocolate chips and 3/4 cup butter or margarine in a medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave on HIGH for about 1 minute stirring twice and until smooth; cool to room temperature.
- When the chocolate is at room temperature add milk, eggs and 3 teaspoons vanilla; whisk until completely combined.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the flour mixture; stir until combined (batter will be thick).
- Place the batter into waffle maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh berries.