1/3 Photos of Extreme Chocolate Mud Pie
3 hrs 20 mins
Oooooh, so good--chocoholics will think they've died and gone to Choco-Heaven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces brownie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (combined together) or 1/2 cup nuts (combined together)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease bottom & sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- 2FOR CRUST: In a mixing bowl, blend eggs, water and vanilla, mixing well.
- 3Add brownie mix, soda, and flour, stirring until well blended. Spoon into prepared pan.
- 4Bake for 10-12 minutes (take note of brownie mix directions). Remove from oven (crust will be puffy); cool for 30-60 minutes. Press crust down with back of large spoon, forming to sides of pan to make a hollow for filling. Continue to cool while preparing filling.
- 5FOR FILLING: Mix sugar and soft butter on medium speed--about 4 minutes until very fluffy (scrape sides down several times).
- 6Add cream cheese and continue beating another minute or two. Then pour in the COOLED, melted chocolate, beat to incorporate and add the vanilla; scrape sides.
- 7Slather filling over the crust. If using chocolate chips and nuts, sprinkle over the filling and press in gently. Chill.
- 8FOR TOPPING: Use same mixing bowl, combine cream with sugar and cocoa, whipping until soft peaks form; whip another 30 seconds.
- 9Sploosh over the filling, making delightful swirls.
- 10Chill for several hours in fridge OR zap in the freezer for less time.
- 11Right before serving, sprinkle with several dashes of snowflake-shaped or chocolate decors.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Chocolate Mud Pie
Serving Size: 1 (136 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 654.6
- Calories from Fat 421
- Total Fat 46.8 g
- Saturated Fat 27.3 g
- Cholesterol 136.4 mg
- Sodium 329.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 30.0 g
- Protein 8.1 g