Recipe by gailanng
Oh gawsh, I could eat 100!
Top Review by weekend cooker
Made these today to take to an open house for a school get together tonight, though I managed to grab 1, the 2 dozen I made they went in a hurry, and both parents and the kids enjoyed them. Moist of the comments were on the textureness, and the icing/topping on the cupcakes. Made for PRMR tag.
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare two 12-well cupcake pans by inserting a paper cupcake liner into each well.
- Melt the unsweetened baking chocolate and unsalted butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Set aside and allow to cool somewhat while you mix the remaining ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, white and brown sugars, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, dissolve the coffee powder in the hot water.
- Add the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter into the batter and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly between the wells in each of the cupcake pans (about 1/4 cup batter works well).
- Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until fork inserted into middle of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes to cooling racks and cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Place the white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- Beat cream cheese in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in butter, vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in cooled chocolate until smooth. Add the confectioners and brown sugars and beat about 2-3 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans and coconut; fold until incorporated.