Oh gawsh, I could eat 100!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Prepare two 12-well cupcake pans by inserting a paper cupcake liner into each well.
- 3Melt the unsweetened baking chocolate and unsalted butter in the top of a double boiler.
- 4Set aside and allow to cool somewhat while you mix the remaining ingredients.
- 5In a large bowl, combine the flour, white and brown sugars, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- 6In another bowl, dissolve the coffee powder in the hot water.
- 7Add the sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- 8Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- 9Pour the melted chocolate and butter into the batter and mix well.
- 10Divide the batter evenly between the wells in each of the cupcake pans (about 1/4 cup batter works well).
- 11Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until fork inserted into middle of one of the cupcakes comes out clean.
- 12Remove cupcakes to cooling racks and cool completely before frosting.
- 13To make the frosting: Place the white chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- 14Beat cream cheese in bowl until light and fluffy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in butter, vanilla and salt. Gradually beat in cooled chocolate until smooth. Add the confectioners and brown sugars and beat about 2-3 minutes. Stir in chopped pecans and coconut; fold until incorporated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Chocolate Cupcakes With White Chocolate Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.8
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 222.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 35.5 g
- Protein 3.6 g