1/3 Photos of Extreme Chocolate Cookies
5 hrs 8 mins
These cookies are a chocolate lovers dream! When you make these cookies you will know why I have named them the best! To achieve the perfect texture both margarine and butter should be used and the dough has to be chilled for a minimum of 5 hours. These cookies have both flavor and the perfect texture! This will make quite a lot of cookies depending on the size that you make them, I make mine very large so I use about two tablespoons of batter for each cookie. Make certain to sift the cocoa powder first! Yield is only estimated depending on the size of cookies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa (sifted)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup stick margarine, room temperature (do not use the soft tub margarine)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk (save the white for another use!)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (10 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use white chocolate chips or both!)
- 1In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- 2In another large bowl using an electric mixer, beat the butter, margarine, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla until fluffy (about 3 minutes).
- 3Add in the egg and egg yolk; beat for about 5-6 minutes (no sugar granules should remain in the batter!).
- 4Add in the flour mixture and mix JUST until completely combined with the electric mixer (batter will be thick).
- 5Cover and chill the batter for about 5 hours (or overnight).
- 6Set oven to 350°F.
- 7Lightly grease a large baking pan.
- 8Drop about 2 heaping tablespoons cookie dough onto a baking sheet (if using a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet you should get 8 cookies on the sheet, two across and four rows).
- 9Bake for about 8 minutes or until the cookies are just set and begin to crack on top.
- 10Cool the cookies in the baking pan then transfer to a rack (the cookies will firm up while sitting).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extreme Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1094 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 21.4 mg
- Sodium 132.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g