Recipe by Country Cookin' Mama
What kid wouldn't love to eat chili cheese tater tots with some chicken thrown in for dinner?! My kids gobble this up when I make it! For more great recipes, check out my blog http://butmamaimhungry.blogspot.com
- 2 lbs frozen tater tots
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- season salt
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili with beans
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded divided
- prepared ranch dressing, for topping
- chopped tomato, for topping
- diced onion, for topping
- jalapeno, rings for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook tater tots as directed on bag.
- While those are cooking heat a large skillet over high heat. Spray with cooking spray and place chicken breasts that have been seasoned with season salt into skillet.
- Brown on each side, about 4 minutes per side or until the chicken is almost all of the way cooked through.
- Once the chicken is browned, open and pour the two cans of chili over the chicken breasts.
- Cover with a lid or with foil and cook on medium heat until chili is heated through and chicken is done cooking.
- Remove lid and cover everything with 1 cup of shredded cheese, place lid or foil back on until cheese is melted.
- To serve, place a serving size of tater tots on plate, cover with one chicken breast and some of the chili. Add extra cheese, if desired and drizzle ranch dressing on top, followed by any of the other toppings that you like. We use diced onions, chopped tomatoes and jalapeño rings. Enjoy!