Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make certain to purchase a very crusty bread loaf to make slicing easier. You can use French or Italian crusty bread but rustic or ciabatta is better! When you taste this cheese bread, I know that you will be making it all the time, so make a double recipe of the cheese mixture excluding the green onion and store one batch in the freezer for up to 2 months (trust me the mixture will be used up long before the 2 months!) when ready to use defrost in the fridge overnight and just add in the finely chopped green onions, this cheese mixture freezes very well!
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 12 tablespoons parmesan cheese (can use more)
- 1 large crusty rustic bread, unsliced (or use ciabatta bread)
- salt and pepper
- Set oven to 425 degrees (oven rack to second-lowest position).
- Cut the crusty bread into about 10-12 (1-inch) slices using a serrated knife.
- In a medium bowl mix together the mayo, butter and minced garlic and a dash black pepper until smooth.
- Add in the feta cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Jack cheese and green onions; mix to combine.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons on each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese on top, the press down the Parmesan cheese lightly with back of a spoon to make certain that it sticks to the cheese mixture.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until cheese is golden and bubble.
Delcious! Loved the feta in this recipe. Made as directed and served with Greek chicken and lemon potatoes, but would be good with any meal. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Made this to use right away and used half to freeze for future use. Delicious. Easy to put together. I preferred not to use salt or extra parmesan when baking as I found it to be salty enough.
Very yummy! I also liked the addition of feta. I served with a roasted tomato salad for a light summer supper. Delicious!