Recipe by LynnL
Thease are really good. A bunch of us made them for a girl weekend and they turned out better then we thought. As we just winged it as we went along. Hope you all enjoy
Top Review by Erindipity
I have made these for years now. They are so much better than rice crispy bars it isn't even funny. Originally, I used a combination of cereals I had left over including Kashi Mighty Kids and chex, but really any cereal will do. These are beyond addictive. Make sure you remove the corn syrup mixture quickly from the stove when it is ready or they will be too hard when set to cut.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 3 cups corn flakes cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts, crushed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, over medium heat, combine peanut butter with corn syrup and butter, stir until smooth. Stir in cereals and peanuts, remove from heat.
- Place mixture in an 8 x 8 cake pan.
- Melt chocolate chips with butter and spread over the cereal and peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until chocolate is firm.