Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is so delicious, and makes a ton of ambrosia, but recipe may be cut in half if desired to serve about 4-6 people, I like to use coloured mini marshmallows --- plan ahead this needs to chill for minimum 2 hours, prep time includes chilling time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Always seem to like it when I make a recipe calling for fruit cocktail, something I grew up on! Was tempted to omit the mini marshmallows, but didn't ~ Everyone else liked it, so . . .! A GREAT DESSERT & a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Newest Zaar Tag cooking game]
- 2 (8 ounce) containerscool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup soft shredded coconut (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts
- 2 (8 ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, well drained (can use about 2 cups fresh chopped orange segments also)
- 5 -6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the Cool Whip topping, coconut (if using) chopped walnuts, fruit cocktail, pineapple, oranges, marshmallows, cherries, nutmeg and cinnamon; mix all together very well (adjusting the cinnamon and nutmeg to suit taste).
- Chill in refrigerator for 2 or more hours before serving.