Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
For Spanish tapas challenge; has paprika and onions.
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 dried ancho chile
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- Cook potatoes in a pot of water with dried ancho chili and bay leaf; bring to a boil and cook 20 minutes.
- In a saute pan brown the onion slowly in the olive oil. The orginal recipe had a lot more oil; I scaled it back.
- Add garlic and paprika last.
- Drain potatoes, saving liquid; discard chili and bay leaf.
- Add onion; mix and add a little water if needed.