Recipe by Sherrybeth
My family has passed this recipe down for 4 generations. It originally came from a family friend who lives on Lake Ponchatrain (south Louisiana by New Orleans) You can use creole mustard for a spicier loaf.
- 2 loaves fresh French bread, sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2 cups green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend butter, garlic powder, oregano, parsley flakes and yellow mustard in a bowl.
- Spread on each half of the sliced bread.
- Sprinkle the bottom half of each loaf with green onion tops and smooth down with a spatula.
- Cover the green onion with the toasted seasame seeds.
- Wrap each loaf in foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Unwrap, slice and serve.