Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
I got this recipe from the back of a Gold Medal flour bag.
Make and share this Extraordinary Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1⁄2 cups margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (24 ounce) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips (4 cups)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and eggs on medium speed or with spoon until light and fluffy.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by tablespoonfuls or a cookie/ice cream scoop 2 inches apart; flatten slightly.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
- Cool 1-2 minutes, remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- Note: For nut lovers, stir in 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts with chocolate chips.
This is an awesome recipe. I too found it on the bag. I add 85% Dark Chocolate, chopped fine. This are our favorites at home. Dough freezes well too. C. Smart
I also got this recipe off of the Gold Medal Organic Flour bag and it is without question the very best Chocolate Chip cookie recipe I have ever tried! Don't skimp on real vanilla and definitely at least the whole Tablespoon. They bake up beautifully golden and even and taste fantastic! Can't beat this recipe! Easier to make than any other, as well. Nancy W. Defuniak Springs, FL
Best cookies ever. Simple ingredients for a truly extraordinary cookie. I was going to post this recipe and figured it was already up. Funny thing is, most people probably have this recipe already and don't even know it!