Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
Woah, baby! I have this snack pretty frequently with multiple variations because I use whatever is available in my fridge -- last night I hit the el-primo combination. I will definitely use this combo over and over from now on. I hope you like this great brunch (or midnight) snack as much as I did, my friends!
- 3 cups nacho chips (I like the white ones best)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, canned, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 cup salsa (for dipping)
- Lay out the chips on a microwave-proof plate.
- Add all the toppings except for the salsa and Tabasco, layering the cheese on last.
- Microwave on the high setting for one minute.
- Sprinkle on the Tabasco and spoon the salsa on to the gooey chips as you eat them. I use medium hot salsa and I prefer the Bellview brand to all others (except for home made.).
Made this yesterday for a snack and I did add some onions to the nachos and used some fresh diced jalapenos. I had Salsa Salsa!#318416 by chef#916598#916598 to top them with. Very good and simple recipe. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y 2009.
My wife has been making something like this for years, she uses green olives ( does not like black ) and some fine diced onion under the cheese... Great recipe Bone Man Thanks!