Recipe by Sharon123
You will love this new version of refried beans! From Rachael Ray's "30 Minute Meals"
Top Review by Debbwl
A great meal for those weeknights when you are busy and tired. Simple and quick, just add tortillas and you have a complete dinner in under 30 minutes. The only change I made was to us 1 fresh jalapeno in place of canned. The lime juice is a must as that is what really makes this dish stand out. Thanks so much for the post.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans refried beans
- 1 (4 ounce) cansliced jalapenos, drained and chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, several drops
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, shredded
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat canned refried beans in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Stir chopped jalapeno,hot sauce and garlic powder into refried beans.
- Reduce heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Combine lettuce and tomatoes in a bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lime over the bowl and season the lettuce and tomatoes with salt.
- Toss to combine.
- Drizzle olive oil over the bowl and toss lettuce and tomatoes again.
- Serve refried beans along side lettuce and tomatoes.