1/11 Photos of Extra Special Buttercream Icing
Donna M.'s Note:
This is the best buttercream icing I have ever tasted. I used it for my daughter's wedding cake. I made a double batch, which was enough to ice, border, and pipe small decorations on the sides of the cake for a 14" x 10" x 6" tiered cake. I think the whipping cream is the secret to making this icing special.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream butter and shortening until fluffy.
- 2Add sugar, meringue powder, about half of the cream, and continue creaming until well blended.
- 3Add salt, flavorings and enough whipping cream to make the consistency you need.
- 4Beat at medium speed until icing is fluffy.
- 5You may substitute all shortening for the butter, which will give a pure white icing, but the flavor will not be quite as good.
- 6I used butter and real vanilla and the icing turned out a very pale ivory, which I personally prefer to a stark-white icing.
- 7The meringue powder gives the icing a light crust, but it remains soft underneath.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Special Buttercream Icing
Serving Size: 1 (1463 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 984.5
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 26.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.7 mg
- Sodium 379.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 118.4 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: