Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Your kids will think you're the coolest when you call them in the morning for breakfast ice cream! Takes about 2 minutes to make and are fun to eat! This recipe can be converted to a smoothie by adding 1/2 cup of milk, then blending in the blender. Adapted from the Sneaky Chef cookbook by Missy Chase Lapine.
- 1⁄4 cup ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup frozen strawberries (without sugar or syrup)
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon honey (or sugar)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and puree on high.
- Hold on tight, the first few seconds are a bit rough until the mixture smoothes out.
- Pour into a bowl and eat away!
- Makes about 1 1/2 cups ice cream.
This was more like a fruit smoothie to me, but I happen to love smoothies. The flavor was bright and fresh, and the color is lovely. I love simple recipes with healthy ingredients.
Just had to try this one out, after all it is Sharon's recipe & even though I'm not much for the ol' avocado, I still like trying recipes that kind of mask the taste! Well, this one certainly does that ~ It's GREAT, & I'll certainly be making it again! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]