1/8 Photos of Extra-Sharp Cheddar Oven Omelet
1 hr 40 mins
This is great for a holiday breakfast or brunch. It serves 10 and it can be prepared ahead of time and popped in the oven on the day of the event. My Mother serves this when the whole family gets together down at their shore house on holiday weekends. Options: add mushrooms and peppers or the like.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Fry bacon until crisp but not burnt.
- 3Drain, and reserving 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- 4Sauté onion & green onion in drippings until translucent.
- 5In a bowl beat eggs with cream and seasoned salt.
- 6Stir in bacon, onions, and 2 cups of the cheese.
- 7Pour into a greased, shallow, 3-quart baking dish.
- 8Bake, uncovered, in a 350 F degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until mixture is set (doesn't jiggle) and top is lightly browned.
- 9When almost done, sprinkle with remaining cup cheese and return to oven until cheese melts.
- 10Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra-Sharp Cheddar Oven Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.4
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.2 g
- Cholesterol 238.9 mg
- Sodium 463.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 17.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: