Top Review by Patti599
This recipe was moist and rich...delicious! I made half a recipe of the chocolate filling and poured a tablespoon or so over a pecan halves in phyllo dough cups. I baked them for about 15 minutes. This reduced the amount of fat and calories and added a nice crunch!
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons regular margarine
- 2 large eggs, Slightly Beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unbleached flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, Chopped
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the chocolate chips, evaporated milk, and butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Combine the eggs, sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and pecans in a bowl and mix well.
- Gradually stir the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture, blending well, and pour into the unbaked pie shell.
- Bake in a 375 degree F. oven for 40 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool on a wire rack.