Recipe by 3KillerBs
With all the variations on RecipeZaar I was surprised when I didn't find this one that a friend gave me a few years ago. Its got more peanut butter and more cocoa powder than most other variations so its extra rich in taste. I have used either old-fashioned or quick oatmeal successfully. "Cooking" time is the time required for the cookies to set completely.
Top Review by no way gourmet
Love this recipe! Rich and yummy. The only thing I noticed was the recipe says drop by teaspoonsfuls. I should have known that was wrong by looking at the amount of batter-drop by Tablespoonfuls for 50 cookies. This is my favorite no bake recipe!
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups oatmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure and prepare all ingredients and have them and a timer within arm's reach. Its important to work quickly and pay attention.
- Combine the butter, sugar, cocoa, and milk in a heavy saucepan then bring to a boil, stirring constantly, over medium heat.
- Boil for 1 minute exactly, continuing to stir and reducing heat if necessary to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Remove from heat then add vanilla. It will boil up violently -- just stir it in until it subsides.
- Add the peanut butter and stir. Once peanut butter melts completely stir int the oatmeal.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- Drop mixture by the teaspoonfuls onto a sheet of waxed paper. Let sit an hour or more until fully cooled and hardened.