Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
My sister gave me this recipe, because its been a savior whenever she has unexpected guests and needs to whip up something fast and yummy...she always gets asked the recipe and when she tells them, no one can believe its so easy! I tried it out, with a few variations as I had the time, and they turned out soo good my hubby requested more the next day.
- 125 g chunk tuna (1 small tin)
- 250 g mashed potatoes (instant or pre-boiled)
- 3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder (optional)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 bell pepper (finely chopped) (optional)
- oil, to fry
- Drain the tuna and put the chunks in a big bowl.
- Add the mashed potato, chillies, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Mash and mix them all up thoroughly. If required, dd some egg to bind the mixture.
- When the mixture is smooth, take small portions and roll them between your palms. You can make the kebabs any shape or size you like; spherical, round and flat, thick or thin, big or small. Ideally, a smaller sized round and flat kebab is easiest to fry.
- Dip kebabs in egg and then coat well with breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry kebabs and enjoy!
- To add a bit more of an Asian flavour, I added garlic paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, curry powder and chopped peppers to the mixture. They tasted fabulous!