Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Like eating a slice of decadent wedding cake. Can be used as one too!
Make and share this Extra Moist Lemon, Sour Cream and Vanilla Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cream together softened Butter and Sugar.
- Add Eggs, one at a time and beat,then add Sour Cream.
- Sift Flour and Soda together and add next along with the Instant Pudding.
- Last add Vanilla, Lemon Extract, Juice and Zest, Mixing until batter is light and fluffy.
- Pour into the sprayed Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Warning! Some oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on this one!
- Serve with a Lemon Glaze or just sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.
FANTASTIC pound cake. I only have regular sized bundt pans, and I don't think all the batter would have fit in any of them. I used a 10" tube pan, with 4" high sides. Baked til it tested done, around 1 hr., 20 mins. was perfect. I followed the recipe, except I switched step 5 and 6, doing 6 before 5. I didn't beat the flour a long time, just til it was fully incorporated, slowly adding the sifted mixture with the mixer running on low. In my cake experience, beating cake batter makes for a tough cake. I finished it off with a lemon-limoncello syrup made with 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup limoncello. Simmered til sugar was dissolved. When cake was 10 minutes out of the oven, I poked holes in it, and while still in the pan, I soaked it with the lemon syrup. It came out of the pan beautifully when completely cool. I did line the bottom of the tube pan with waxed paper, and I greased and floured the pan generously. This cake has a great lemon flavor, probably one of the best I've ever tasted!
If I could give this 10 stars I would. What a wonderful dense and moist cake, I have to say that this is by far the BEST lemon cake I have ever made and eaten and ALL my guests agreed and asked for the recipe. YUMM!!! :0)
This is a fantastic cake. If I could give it 6 stars I would. I only ever make the half quanitity. I had to make quite a few changes to it - I couldn't get the lemon pudding mix so I doubled the lemon juice. I didn't have lemon extract - so I left it out. I used vanilla extract (which is twice the strength of the essence), but still added the full amount. Also I substitute vegetable oil for the butter (I use 1-2 tablespoons nuttelex/margarine and fill the rest of the measure with oil). This cake is so moist and yummy. It also freezes beautifully. I have made it three times now and never bothered with any form of icing - it is perfect the way it is.