Recipe by Donna Luckadoo
Like eating a slice of decadent wedding cake. Can be used as one too!
Top Review by Citruholic
FANTASTIC pound cake. I only have regular sized bundt pans, and I don't think all the batter would have fit in any of them. I used a 10" tube pan, with 4" high sides. Baked til it tested done, around 1 hr., 20 mins. was perfect. I followed the recipe, except I switched step 5 and 6, doing 6 before 5. I didn't beat the flour a long time, just til it was fully incorporated, slowly adding the sifted mixture with the mixer running on low. In my cake experience, beating cake batter makes for a tough cake. I finished it off with a lemon-limoncello syrup made with 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup limoncello. Simmered til sugar was dissolved. When cake was 10 minutes out of the oven, I poked holes in it, and while still in the pan, I soaked it with the lemon syrup. It came out of the pan beautifully when completely cool. I did line the bottom of the tube pan with waxed paper, and I greased and floured the pan generously. This cake has a great lemon flavor, probably one of the best I've ever tasted!
- 1⁄2 lb butter (softened)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) boxjello instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Spray a Bundt pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Cream together softened Butter and Sugar.
- Add Eggs, one at a time and beat,then add Sour Cream.
- Sift Flour and Soda together and add next along with the Instant Pudding.
- Last add Vanilla, Lemon Extract, Juice and Zest, Mixing until batter is light and fluffy.
- Pour into the sprayed Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Warning! Some oven temperatures may vary so keep an eye on this one!
- Serve with a Lemon Glaze or just sprinkle with Powdered Sugar.