1 hr 5 mins
I know there are a lot of baked ziti recipes out there but this one has double the meat. My husband loves beef and I usually end up putting in more meat than is called for. This is so hearty and delicious. I often like to add a can of drained stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes. I have also added a little bit of cottage cheese to the ricotta mixture to use it up. It still tasted great :) Make sure to serve with breadsticks or garlic bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 42 ounces favorite spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- 3Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- 4In a bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Italian seasoning or parsley if desired, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and Parmesan.
- 5Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- 6Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 9x13 pan; top with half of the pasta mixture.
- 7Repeat layers, ending with meat sauce.
- 8Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- 9Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- 10Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- 11Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Meaty Baked Ziti
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.4
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 173.2 mg
- Sodium 1295.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 54.0 g