Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I know there are a lot of baked ziti recipes out there but this one has double the meat. My husband loves beef and I usually end up putting in more meat than is called for. This is so hearty and delicious. I often like to add a can of drained stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes. I have also added a little bit of cottage cheese to the ricotta mixture to use it up. It still tasted great :) Make sure to serve with breadsticks or garlic bread!
- 1 lb ziti pasta
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- 42 ounces favorite spaghetti sauce
- 2 eggs
- 15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional) or 1 teaspoon dried parsley (optional)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, ricotta, Italian seasoning or parsley if desired, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Drain pasta; add to cheese mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a greased 9x13 pan; top with half of the pasta mixture.
- Repeat layers, ending with meat sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Made this for Thanksgiving Eve, for out-of-town family staying with us for the holidays. A wow dish--thick, meaty, cheesy. Delicious comfort food, served with garlic bread and salad. Thanks for sharing.
This is delish, tasted really good and was enjoyed by all! Thanks Delish....
Good, simple, quick and filling! My favorite kind of recipe!