Recipe by hellokitty
This is a recipe from Ghirardelli, which I have modified slightly to make it healthier. It comes out a bit cake-like, which you can amend by substituting some of the pumpkin/applesauce with oil, say, 1/8 of cup or even up to 1/2 a cup.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
I liked these a lot but I had to add both the pumpkin & applesauce to give the recipe the needed consistency to make a drop cookie. I didn't mind that but it's just an FYI for anyone who has that kind of trouble. I used 3/4 cup mini choc chips & Eggbeaters. Came out very moist & full of chocolate goodness!
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce or 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 large egg whites (or egg beaters, or 2 large eggs)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (11 ounce) bag Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips
- walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir flour with baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually blend dry mixture into wet mixture.
- Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoon of dough per cookie onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.