Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
If you are tired a wimpy lemon cupcakes, then you'll love this one.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 lemons, zest of
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon instant lemonade mix
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Using your hands, mesh the lemon zest and sugar together.
- 3. Cream the butter and sugar/lemon zest mixture together.
- 4. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
- 5. Combine the dry ingredients (including the lemonade powder) together into one separate container, and the milk and lemon juice together in another.
- 6. Alternate adding dry ingredient mixture and lemon/milk mixture to the main bowl, mixing for 30 seconds between each addition. Do this until everything is mixed together.
- 7. When everything has been added, mix one additional minute until smooth.
- 8. Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups.
- 9. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F.