1/4 Photos of Extra Hot Texas Chili
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I have had this written down for years. My son and I love it. DH and daughter thought it was on the HOT side. This is really good! We like it served on top of rice with the Pinto beans on the side. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 40 hot chili peppers, dried or 59.14 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 dried ancho peppers, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces and blended with above chiles
- 680.38 g beef round steak, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 29.58 ml oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 283.49 g can beef broth
- 307.56 ml water
- 2.46 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 425.24 g can pinto beans, cooked hot
- 1In a large sauce pan, brown half of the meat in hot oil.
- 2With a slotted spoon, remove meat and set aside.
- 3Add remaining meat, onion, garlic, cumin, and ground chile peppers; cook till meat is brown.
- 4Return rest of meat to pan.
- 5Stir in remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- 6simmer, uncovered, for 1-1 1/2 hours or until meat is tender, stirring occasionally.
- 7Serve with hot cooked Pinto Beans.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Hot Texas Chili
Serving Size: 1 (501 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 298.5
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 204.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round steak