Recipe by Juenessa
Using fresh, ground, and candied ginger gives this gingerbread an extra rich flavor.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark molasses
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a 10 inch springform pan.
- Stir together flour, cinnamon, cloves, ground ginger, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar with oil, juice, molasses, eggs, and fresh ginger.
- Mix in crystallized ginger.
- Stir in flour mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for between 45-60 minutes, or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Run a knife around the edge to loosen cake, and release pan sides.
- Serve warm.