Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I modified this to our tastes from a Bisquick recipe. Feel free to play with toppings!
- 1 1⁄2 cups original Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄3 cup very hot water
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni, optional
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 ounces)
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Grease 12-inch pizza pan.
- Stir together Bisquick mix and very hot water; beat 20 strokes until soft dough forms.
- Press dough in pizza pan.
- Spread pizza sauce over dough.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
This was ok for us. If you don't have the time or the ingredients for real pizza crust, this will work. I will save it in the recipe file just in case.
Pretty tasty and super easy. I added garlic powder, italian seasoning, and grated parmesan cheese to the crust. I had to triple the recipe to cover two small cookie sheets. Take the time to spread it as thin as possible, it puffs up when it cooks.
i used the dough to make a different kind of pizza.....or pizza-like thing.....i put sliced cheese on first, spread a little pesto...i like "classico" in that clever little jar....then some very thinly sliced veggies...red onions, bell peppers, mushrooms, plum tomatoes, whatever is in the crisper drawer....sprinkle a little parmesan if you want, and bake it...it's not pizza, but it's real good. kat.