Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
I love this recipe because I don't have to cook the noodles, no slimy mess!!! Found it on the label of a jar of spaghetti sauce.....so simple and my family loves it!
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground pork
- 1 (28 ounce) canof your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 8 -10 dry lasagna noodles
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup water
- parmesan cheese
- Brown meat in skillet, add spaghetti sauce and heat through.
- In 3 quart oblong pan spread 1/3 of meat mixture to cover bottom, top with 4-5 uncooked noodles, half the cottage cheese and one cup of the mozzarella.
- Spread on 1/3 of meat mixture, remaining noodles, remaining cottage cheese, remaining cup of mozzarella, then top with the final 1/3 of the meat mixture.
- Right before baking pour 1/2 cup of water around inside edges of the pan, cover and bake 45 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Remove cover, sprinkle with desired amount of Parmesan, and bake 10 more minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
I thank you and my family also thanks you for this great tasting and easy recipe. It was devoured! My sister and her husband thought it was store bought ( :) ). I'm so glad you found and copied this recipe to share with others. This will definitely be at least a once a week meal for my family. Thanks again Shelli.
What a easy recipe that taste great. I'm not a big fan of lasagna but my family is. Thank you so much for making it easier for me. I will use this recipe from now on.
This recipe is the only one we use now. It is VERY quick and easy to put together, especially because you do not have to cook the noodles ahead of time, and then have them get stuck together or whatnot while attempting to assemble the lasagna. I use Aldi brand spaghetti sauce. My daughter has made this before and just told me she layers it in the following fashion: noodles, cottage cheese, sauce, and mozzarella cheese. She does this twice and then bakes it uncovered. I make it following the recipe steps exactly. It is delicious and anyone we serve it to tells us they think so, too!