Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
I am quickly becoming addicted to this easy to throw together soup. The flavor of the asparagus is carefully balanced so it doesn't take over. The potatoes add body and a creamy texture, so no real cream is necessary! We grow everything (but the sour cream) right here on the ranch so it is super economical- but still inexpensive if you need to buy the ingredients!
Top Review by Lainey2244
OMG - this was delicious. I did alter it a bit but also had a "hot sauce" accident so it came out rather spicy. I added 2 cloves of garlic and extra chicken stock. I also cooked the asparagus tips separately and didn't put them through the blender, just added them to the blended soup.
- 1 lb asparagus spear, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cups chicken broth (I use fresh but canned will work)
- 2 teaspoons thyme (freshly minced)
- 1 dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper
- sour cream, & chives to top each bowl (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Throw everything except the sour cream and chives into a sauce pot.
- Cover with water if necessary and cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes until the asparagus and potatoes are fork tender.
- Ladle the mixture into your blender- I do it in several batches to be safe.
- Reheat in the microwave as needed and top with sour cream and chives or whatever is in your pantry!