Prep 2 hrs 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I personally like my Hot Wings deep fried and extra crispy. I came up with this recipe after getting tired of the same ol' messy wings with goopy skin. Substitute with your favorite wing sauce, but I always preferred the tangy taste and slight kick of Crystal Hot Sauce. I usually mix Crystal Hot Sauce with a bit of Crystal Extra Hot or Tabasco.
- 4 lbs chicken wings, portions (Thawed)
- 1 (6 ounce) bottle Crystal hot sauce or 1 (6 ounce) bottlecrystal extra hot sauce
- 1⁄2 lb flour
- 4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (or Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 2 gallons ziploc bags
- 2 large eggs
- cooking oil
- Take thawed chicken wing portions and place in ziplock bag.
- Pour hot sauce on wings for desired flavor and heat.
- Shake to coat chicken entirely.
- Marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Beat eggs in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour flour into the spare ziplock bag.
- Mix Old Bay seasoning thoroughly with flour.
- Add cayenne pepper (red pepper) for extra heat.
- Coat wings with beaten egg and then place in the bag with flour.
- Shake until wings are completely coated with flour.
- Place wings back in the refrigerator for approximately.
- 15 minutes so the flour will stick to the chicken.
- Preheat deep fryer to 370°F, or heat oil in a deep bottomed frying pan.
- Deep fry wings until a golden brown.
These were great! I used extra hot sauce and let them marinate overnight. I also cut back on the red pepper by 1/2 TBSP, as my son was going to be eating some. Next time, I'll use the full strength for maximum heat, and only 1 & 1/2 cups flour. Thanks for the posting!
Ysman, these wings are Superb! I used Tyson's frozen wings (5 lb.) and used a whole 12 oz. bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce. This was my first time making hot wings and I am very pleased with the way they turned out. Set me on fire! Thank you so much. I can't wait to try more of your recipes.