1/5 Photos of Extra-Crispy Garlic Baked Chicken
This almost tastes similar to Shake n' Bake coating mix, you may reduce the garlic slightly if desired, I have left the cayenne pepper as optional you may adjust to suit heat level or omit --- this chicken bakes out moist and delicious, you'll be picking off the crumbs from the pan! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 pieces chicken
- 1 cup kelloggs corn flake crumbs (or process cornflakes cereal until finely crushed in a processor to measure 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder (can increase to 4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1Set oven to 425 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- 2Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet.
- 3In a large heavy resealable plastic bag combine the cornflake crumbs with the next 7 dry ingredients.
- 4Moisten each piece of chicken under cold water then shake off excess water (the chicken must be slightly wet for the crumb mixture to adhear to the chicken).
- 5Place 1 or 2 pieces of chicken into the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture, then place skin-side facing up onto the baking sheet.
- 6Continue with remaining chicken pieces.
- 7Bake for 40 minutes (the chicken will continue baking when removed from the oven).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra-Crispy Garlic Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.7
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: