Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This almost tastes similar to Shake n' Bake coating mix, you may reduce the garlic slightly if desired, I have left the cayenne pepper as optional you may adjust to suit heat level or omit --- this chicken bakes out moist and delicious, you'll be picking off the crumbs from the pan! :)
- 10 pieces chicken
- 1 cup kelloggs corn flake crumbs (or process cornflakes cereal until finely crushed in a processor to measure 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder (can increase to 4 teaspoons)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white sugar
- Set oven to 425 degrees F (set oven rack to lowest position).
- Grease a 15 x 10-inch baking sheet.
- In a large heavy resealable plastic bag combine the cornflake crumbs with the next 7 dry ingredients.
- Moisten each piece of chicken under cold water then shake off excess water (the chicken must be slightly wet for the crumb mixture to adhear to the chicken).
- Place 1 or 2 pieces of chicken into the bag and shake to coat with the crumb mixture, then place skin-side facing up onto the baking sheet.
- Continue with remaining chicken pieces.
- Bake for 40 minutes (the chicken will continue baking when removed from the oven).
I made this recipe for the " National Garlic Month " event in the Food Photo Forum and most importantly mine and my SO's dinner.Except for using just 4 very " LARGE " chicken legs and adjusting the ingredients the recipe was made as it was written( I like garlic,so 3 Tablespoons were used).I baked the legs for the full 40 minutes.But even after that the chicken still wasn't very crispy, so I gave it another 10 minutes and it still wasn't crispy.My SO thought it tasted pretty good and even though I'm not really crazy about legs I thought it was o.k. Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "
Really good! Nice & crunchy, really juicy & lots of flavour - what more could you want?? I did use boneless, skinless chicken so this is a very healthy recipe!
Very easy, quick, and best of all - tasty. Great week night meal. Thanks, Kittencal!