Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
There was a picture of this chicken next to the recipe on the internet and it looks awesome! It looks super crispy! I have not tried this yet, but it sounds really easy. Can be baked or deep fried.
- 2 cups dry pancake mix
- 2 (1/16 ounce) packages Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix, dry
- 3 lbs cut up chicken
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup club soda or 1⁄3 cup beer
- Combine the pancake mix with one package of the Italian salad dressing mix.
- Combine the other package with the egg and club soda or beer.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture, then in the pancake mix mixture.
- Place pieces on a wire cooling rack without allowing to touch each other.
- Let dry for 5 minutes.
- Spray baking pan with non stick spray and place chicken on without allowing pieces to touch each other (chicken will be soggy if you do).
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until done.
- Deep fry at 425° for about 7 minutes.
I forgot to add in my first post that the chicken I took a picture of was deep fried which helps with the crispiness. Paulette
My 'crust did not turn out like the pictures did. To get the crust done like that I would have burned it. Next time I sm going to fry th outside first, then put it in the oven for the cooking time. It will be perfect then because the taste was wonderful!!! Thanks for posting...it's a keeper.