Recipe by mikeb
You know how regular French Toast is made, and sometimes using too much syrup or egg batter may make the bread soggy - even when it's thoroughly cooked! This recipe makes the toast crispy, well, extra crispy that is :-D
- 4 eggs
- 158.51 ml whole milk
- 78.07 ml flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- canola oil
- 10 slice Texas toast thick bread
- 88.74 ml butter
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 453.59 g maple syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in the eggs and milk to the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon mixture.
- Heat a deep, large skillet, fill up with Canola Oil just enough to cover the Texas toast thick bread.
- If the oil smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- With tongs, dip the slice of bread into the batter for 30 to 45 seconds or more, depending on how crispy you want it!
- Let the oil drip off, as much as possible.
- To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter and hot syrup.