Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
You know how regular French Toast is made, and sometimes using too much syrup or egg batter may make the bread soggy - even when it's thoroughly cooked! This recipe makes the toast crispy, well, extra crispy that is :-D
- 4 eggs
- 158.51 ml whole milk
- 78.07 ml flour
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- canola oil
- 10 slice Texas toast thick bread
- 88.74 ml butter
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 453.59 g maple syrup
- Mix together the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix in the eggs and milk to the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon mixture.
- Heat a deep, large skillet, fill up with Canola Oil just enough to cover the Texas toast thick bread.
- If the oil smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- With tongs, dip the slice of bread into the batter for 30 to 45 seconds or more, depending on how crispy you want it!
- Let the oil drip off, as much as possible.
- To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter and hot syrup.
My family loves French toast, but this recipe is AWESOME!! We like extra cinnamon on top!
My Family LOVED this! Not low cal. But wonderful change to french toast. Thanks