1/1 Photo of Extra Crispy French Toast
Chef #352048's Note:
You know how regular French Toast is made, and sometimes using too much syrup or egg batter may make the bread soggy - even when it's thoroughly cooked! This recipe makes the toast crispy, well, extra crispy that is :-D
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix together the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- 2Mix in the eggs and milk to the flour, sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon mixture.
- 3Heat a deep, large skillet, fill up with Canola Oil just enough to cover the Texas toast thick bread.
- 4If the oil smokes, your pan is too hot; turn down the heat.
- 5With tongs, dip the slice of bread into the batter for 30 to 45 seconds or more, depending on how crispy you want it!
- 6Let the oil drip off, as much as possible.
- 7To serve, put on plate, dust with powdered sugar. Serve with butter and hot syrup.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Crispy French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.4
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 188.6 mg
- Sodium 628.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 102.1 g
- Protein 11.6 g