Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I LOVE fried extra crispy chicken but not all the fat. This recipe meets both of needs and I couldn't tell the difference. YUM YUM! Great to try with thighs, legs, breasts, and even as nuggets.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 591.47 ml corn flakes
- 59.14 ml panko breadcrumbs
- 236.59 ml fat-free buttermilk (or low-fat)
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- Place thighs in a seal tight zip lock bag and pour in buttermilk. Coat, lay flat, and refrigerate 30 minutes-8 hours (your preference and time availability).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the food processor, combine cornflakes, italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne. Pulse until consistency of panko crumbs.
- Transfer ingredients to a shallow dish and combine with panko. Mix.
- Remove chicken one at a time and coat both sides in crumb mixture. Place thigh on baking rack.
- Repeat with other chicken. When finished discard buttermilk and any left over crumb misture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until crisp, juicy, and cooked through. Juices should run clear.
Like the recipe but will be using breasts instead of thighs.
We really enjoyed this and baking it without the fat is a plus! I easily halved the recipe (2 of us) for the crumb mixture and buttermilk using 2 boneless chicken breast. Very easy to make and was moist on this inside and crunchy on the outside! Will definitely use this method again! Thanks for sharing!