I LOVE fried extra crispy chicken but not all the fat. This recipe meets both of needs and I couldn't tell the difference. YUM YUM! Great to try with thighs, legs, breasts, and even as nuggets.
- Place thighs in a seal tight zip lock bag and pour in buttermilk. Coat, lay flat, and refrigerate 30 minutes-8 hours (your preference and time availability).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the food processor, combine cornflakes, italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne. Pulse until consistency of panko crumbs.
- Transfer ingredients to a shallow dish and combine with panko. Mix.
- Remove chicken one at a time and coat both sides in crumb mixture. Place thigh on baking rack.
- Repeat with other chicken. When finished discard buttermilk and any left over crumb misture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until crisp, juicy, and cooked through. Juices should run clear.
We really enjoyed this and baking it without the fat is a plus! I easily halved the recipe (2 of us) for the crumb mixture and buttermilk using 2 boneless chicken breast. Very easy to make and was moist on this inside and crunchy on the outside! Will definitely use this method again! Thanks for sharing!