Recipe by Hopkins82
I LOVE fried extra crispy chicken but not all the fat. This recipe meets both of needs and I couldn't tell the difference. YUM YUM! Great to try with thighs, legs, breasts, and even as nuggets.
- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 2 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk (or low-fat)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place thighs in a seal tight zip lock bag and pour in buttermilk. Coat, lay flat, and refrigerate 30 minutes-8 hours (your preference and time availability).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In the food processor, combine cornflakes, italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne. Pulse until consistency of panko crumbs.
- Transfer ingredients to a shallow dish and combine with panko. Mix.
- Remove chicken one at a time and coat both sides in crumb mixture. Place thigh on baking rack.
- Repeat with other chicken. When finished discard buttermilk and any left over crumb misture.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until crisp, juicy, and cooked through. Juices should run clear.