1/1 Photo of Extra Crispy Baked Chicken
I LOVE fried extra crispy chicken but not all the fat. This recipe meets both of needs and I couldn't tell the difference. YUM YUM! Great to try with thighs, legs, breasts, and even as nuggets.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place thighs in a seal tight zip lock bag and pour in buttermilk. Coat, lay flat, and refrigerate 30 minutes-8 hours (your preference and time availability).
- 2Preheat oven to 350.
- 3In the food processor, combine cornflakes, italian seasoning, salt, and cayenne. Pulse until consistency of panko crumbs.
- 4Transfer ingredients to a shallow dish and combine with panko. Mix.
- 5Remove chicken one at a time and coat both sides in crumb mixture. Place thigh on baking rack.
- 6Repeat with other chicken. When finished discard buttermilk and any left over crumb misture.
- 7Bake 30-35 minutes or until crisp, juicy, and cooked through. Juices should run clear.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Crispy Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 114.5 mg
- Sodium 585.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: