Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really great fluffy white frosting --- for the best results use only whipping cream for this --- this may easily be doubled and also freezes well.
- 236.59 ml Crisco shortening (white only)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 946.36 ml icing sugar (sifted)
- 78.07 ml heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the shortening, salt, vanilla and half of the icing sugar; beat until very smooth.
- Add in whipping cream; beat well.
- Add in remaining icing sugar to desired texture; beat until fluffy and creamy.
I loved this recipe, I have tried to make white frosting a couple of times using the boiling method. Of course i failed everytime. This method is a simple and tasty white frosting. I thought the shortening was going to make it taste a bit strange, but it tastes sooooo good. thanks.
This was really easy to make and tastes great! Thanks for another great recipe Kittencal!
WOW...This is the recipe that I've been trying to locate for the last 4 years..It's a great light frosting and I would use it to decorate my cupcakes.It's from a Duncan Hines cake box.All ingredients are the same except it called for 1/3 cup milk instead of the whipping cream