Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really great fluffy white frosting --- for the best results use only whipping cream for this --- this may easily be doubled and also freezes well.
- 1 cup Crisco shortening (white only)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups icing sugar (sifted)
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- In a bowl using an electric mixer, beat together the shortening, salt, vanilla and half of the icing sugar; beat until very smooth.
- Add in whipping cream; beat well.
- Add in remaining icing sugar to desired texture; beat until fluffy and creamy.
I loved this recipe, I have tried to make white frosting a couple of times using the boiling method. Of course i failed everytime. This method is a simple and tasty white frosting. I thought the shortening was going to make it taste a bit strange, but it tastes sooooo good. thanks.
WOW...This is the recipe that I've been trying to locate for the last 4 years..It's a great light frosting and I would use it to decorate my cupcakes.It's from a Duncan Hines cake box.All ingredients are the same except it called for 1/3 cup milk instead of the whipping cream
A beautiful, easy to work with, fluffy white frosting! The taste is very good...usually I avoid using shortening because I find it has an "oily" taste, but this turned out so nicely! Iced my cake beautifully. Thank you!