Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so rich and creamy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 cups icing sugar (or more as needed)
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- In a bowl beat the butter until fluffy.
- Gradually add in the whipping cream and vanilla, beating until thoroughly combined.
- Add in the icing sugar 1 cup at a time until completely mixed.
- Add in the melted chocolate; beat until smooth (if needed add in a bit more icing sugar to achieve desired consistency).
I used this on Kittencal's Marbled Bundt Cake and it was enjoyed by DS's recreation group. Thank you for 2 great recipes Kittencal. Made for Recipe Swap #14 - March 2008.
Really excellent chocolate icing. I added about 2 extra ounces of chocolate because I had it and decided to use all of it. It was more like a milk-chocolate icing - not too dark but very, very nice. My Greek guests, who had never had an icing of this sort (ganache is big here) LOVED it and kept eating more cake just to have more icing.