Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A creamy sauce sure to please!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (reserve 1/2 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups pasta water
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, cubed
- 8 ounces cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add flour stirring constantly.
- When mixture thickens, add chicken broth, half and half, sour cream, parmesan cheese, wine, garlic, lemon juice, dry mustard, parsley, pasta water and salt and pepper.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture again starts to thicken.
- Add chicken and spaghetti noodles and stir well.
- Place in a baking dish and sprinkle with extra parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with second half of chopped parsley and serve.