Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted a recipe I found on Spark Recipes. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=65351 Added cocoa powder and chocolate chips. YUM!
- 517.37 g package chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Chocolate)
- 425.24 g can pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 78.07 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 78.07 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 158.51 ml water
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa
- Mix water, pumpkin, and applesauce together until thoroughly blended.
- Add cake mix and cocoa. Stir until combined and big lumps are gone.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls into muffin tins with liners.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 18-25 minutes.
- Will be moist, do not overbake!