Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Adapted a recipe I found on Spark Recipes. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=65351 Added cocoa powder and chocolate chips. YUM!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Butter Recipe Chocolate)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pie mix)
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- Mix water, pumpkin, and applesauce together until thoroughly blended.
- Add cake mix and cocoa. Stir until combined and big lumps are gone.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop spoonfuls into muffin tins with liners.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 18-25 minutes.
- Will be moist, do not overbake!