Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Why buy muesli bars when they are this easy! Full of dried fruit and delicious.
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried dates, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 60 g butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20x30cm slab tin.
- In a microwave safe bowl add the honey and syrup, heat until hot (about 90 seconds on high heat).
- In a large bowl add all the dry ingredients.
- Add butter, boiling water and bicarb to the hot mixture, it will bubble and foam.
- Pour this over the dry ingredients and stir like mad!
- Pour into the prepared pan and with a wet hand press down and smooth.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Cut while still warm.