1/1 Photo of Extra Cheesy Macaroni & Cheese
This is the ultimate mac & cheese recipe, so cheesy and creamy, the extra big elbows hold all the cheese sauce. A definite comfort dinner. Kids love it
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook box of macaroni according to directions while cooking, make sauce.
- 2melt over medium heat 2 tablespoons butter and then blend in 2 tablespoons of flour with whisk remove from heat.
- 3blend in SLOWLY one pint of whipping cream (done a little at a time to prevent lumps). If you cannot get whipping cream you can substitue heavy cream.
- 4put back on medium heat stir constantly once hot to touch but not boiling add milk, once this is hot to touch again, add white cheese one slice at a time so it melts break cheese up into pieces, and then add in velveeta also broken up, one slice at a time.
- 5Stir constantly so it will not stick or burn.
- 6drain macaroni and pour into large pan (deep lasagna size pan 11 x 13) pour melted cheese sauce over it and mix.
- 7Cover with tin foil and bake in 375 oven for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Extra Cheesy Macaroni & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1216.1
- Calories from Fat 655
- Total Fat 72.8 g
- Saturated Fat 44.8 g
- Cholesterol 241.2 mg
- Sodium 1075.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 35.3 g