Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I don't eat lasagna myself but I do make it on occasion for my family. When we used to live in this little side by side duplex, I swear that my neigbor Roy could smell it through the walls. I still make it every time I go down to see him and his girlfriend. And yes it does say 2 lbs of mozarella. The man loves his lasagna cheesy.
- 2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- lasagna noodle (uncooked)
- 1 lb ground beef (lean, browned)
- chopped fresh parsley
- pasta sauce (I use 1 of the large glass Ragu jars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine 1 lb mozarella, parmesan and eggs.
- Mix well.
- On bottom of greased 13x9 baking dish, spread 1 cup pasta sauce.
- Top with half each of the uncooked lasagna noodles, egg mixture, ground beef, remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella.
- Repeat layering.
- Top with parsley.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand covered 15 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers (if you have them).
I think this is the Perfect Lasagna recipe for those who do not like Ricotta Cheese. I never ate lasagna because of my dislike for ricotta. But, I loved this lasagna. I used a little less than 2 pounds of mozz cheese (about 1 1/2lb) and it still came out very cheesy! I did add 1/2lb of lean ground beef because my husband likes it meaty. It came out great!
I find lasagna not such a difficult dish to prepare and this is no exception. I used ragu and followed the recipe exactly. Although it was good,it could be much better. Next time I'll try ricotta cheese and make my own sauce. Ofcourse,I finished the pan in no time. Will report on my version soon