Recipe by ktenille
I don't eat lasagna myself but I do make it on occasion for my family. When we used to live in this little side by side duplex, I swear that my neigbor Roy could smell it through the walls. I still make it every time I go down to see him and his girlfriend. And yes it does say 2 lbs of mozarella. The man loves his lasagna cheesy.
Top Review by Sphinx
I think this is the Perfect Lasagna recipe for those who do not like Ricotta Cheese. I never ate lasagna because of my dislike for ricotta. But, I loved this lasagna. I used a little less than 2 pounds of mozz cheese (about 1 1/2lb) and it still came out very cheesy! I did add 1/2lb of lean ground beef because my husband likes it meaty. It came out great!
- 2 lbs shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- lasagna noodle (uncooked)
- 1 lb ground beef (lean, browned)
- chopped fresh parsley
- pasta sauce (I use 1 of the large glass Ragu jars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine 1 lb mozarella, parmesan and eggs.
- Mix well.
- On bottom of greased 13x9 baking dish, spread 1 cup pasta sauce.
- Top with half each of the uncooked lasagna noodles, egg mixture, ground beef, remaining pasta sauce and mozzarella.
- Repeat layering.
- Top with parsley.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour or until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand covered 15 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers (if you have them).