Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love Southwestern cooking, but being a low carber, I can't have the tortilla's. This is the best of both worlds for me.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 9 ounces green chilies, canned, drained
- 6 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, grated
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chopped tomato, seeded
- Lightly grease an 8" round or square pan.
- Melt butter in a medium sized skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, cook and stir until crisp tender.
- Stir in drained chopped chilies, then spoon mixture into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle the cheeses over the onion and chilies.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs slightly, then beat in sour cream and pepper flakes.
- Spoon mixture evenly over the cheese mixture in pan.
- Sprinkle chopped tomato evenly over all.
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean.