Recipe by alijen
This muffin is so tasty, and so full of cheese. The recipe is from Paula Deen. I made them into mini muffins for a cook-out and the recipe worked just as well. Just bake for about 15 minutes instead of 20.
Top Review by bellview
This muffin turned out nice and fluffy...amazing! I used marble cheese - cheddar and mozza and also added a little of ceyenne pepper to add a little bit of a kick. They turned out great!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese or 3 cups extra-sharp cheddar cheese, coarse grated (depending on the flavor you like)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Grate the cheese, then combine by hand until all the cheese is covered.
- This will seem like you've put in too much cheese and not enough flour, but keep going.
- Whisk together the milk and egg.
- Add to the cheese/flour mixture.
- Then add the melted butter, stir until just mixed.
- Spoon into greased muffin pan and bake for 20 minutes.