Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty recipe although I have never been able to find tomatoes with crushed red peppers so I just use regular chunky tomatoes and add crushed red peppers. I wanted to submit the original recipe in case someone is able to come up with tomatoes with crushed peppers.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (6 7/8 ounce) package Spanish rice mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) can chunky tomatoes with crushed red peppers, undrained
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2 " pieces
- Cook chicken over med high heat until light brown.
- Remove chicken from skillet.
- Cook rice mix without seasonings, in skillet until light brown.
- Gradually stir in water, tomatoes and seasonings from mix.
- Heat to boiling.
- Stir in sausage and chicken and reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally until liquid is absorbed and chicken is no longer pink in center.