Recipe by Ducky
This recipe was in the local Sunday paper. It sounded good and is. It is also very easy and quick to prepare. I didn't mix in the vegetables as I was selling it to DS as "Asian tacos." LOL. I did have some tortillas on hand for DS to use also. I did not use mint. Substitute iceberg or romaine lettuce for Boston lettuce, as desired. This recipe can also be found in "The Healthy Beef Cookbook."
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
We enjoyed these emensly! I forgot to buy cucumber so I subbed bell pepper and sweet onion for it. I also didn't use the mint. My DH told me it was better that the Asian lettuce wrap at one of the chain restaurants. Next time I plan on trying it with the cucumber! Thanks for posting. Made for Help A Naked Recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1⁄2 cup peanut sauce
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup torn of fresh mint (optional)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 12 large boston lettuce leaves, approximately 2 heads
- of fresh mint, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium heat, approximately 8 - 10 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Drain meat.
- Stir in hoisin sauce and peanut sauce until meat is coated.
- Heat meat through.
- Just prior to serving, add cucumber, carrots and torn mint.
- Mix gently.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with lettuce leaves, garnishing with mint, as desired.